It is with a great pleasure that we are inviting you to join our residental five-day Orff Schulwerk seminar and workshop called The Sound of Garden 2017. For the third year in a row, the workshop will be held in Vinkovec, near Zagreb, in the natural environment of the ETI school.
Special seminar features are:
– Restricted number of participants (10-12)
– Led by expert music educators, trained at the Orff Institute in Salzburg
– Experienced and qualified programme hosts from the field of music therapy
– Musical activities conducted in natural surroundings
– Orff holistic approach in merging music and nature for educational and therapeutical purposes
– Introducing elements of horticultural therapy
– Joint music-playing session (regardless of previous musical experience)
– Accommodation and food provided in the wooden house
– Friendly hosts
Orff-Schulwerk educational program will be carried out in two sessions in the morning. Musical therapy activities as well as study of video recordings will take place in the afternoon. Evenings will be dedicated to joint music sessions in the garden. Everyone is welcome to join the recorders ansamble or other forms of group music session. Throughout the workshop, we will be working on the joint project I create, therefore I am, combining scenography and costume design on one hand, and dance, movement and music on the other. All this will contribute towards the closing ceremony.
Activities will be held in English.
Topics covered will include:
1. The basic principles of Orff-Schulwerk – from dance and movement to music playing and improvisation
2. Applying elements of Orff-Schulwerk in Music therapy
3. Building Orff music instruments
This summer Orff-Schulwerk workshops The Sound of Garden 2017, with featured guest educators, are scheduled for:
1. 28. 6. – 2. 7. 2017. – Bareum Lee, South Korea
2. 12. – 16. 7. 2017. – Diego Rincón, Columbia
3. 23. – 27. 8. 2017. – Jessica Lampi, Finland
Participation fee for the Orff Schulwerk seminar and workshop – The Sound of Garden 2017 is 200 €, which includes attendance fee, food and accommodation, as well as all necessary materials.
Registration deadline is 15. 5. 2017., or earlier until filled. You are kindly requested to indicate the dates that you are interested in.
Upon receiving all the enrollments, we will send the detailed list of schedule activities, as well as transfer arrangements from the railway station Vrbovec or airport Zagreb to the house.
Further information can be found at www.huco.hr and www.eti-vinkovec.org.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Ksenija Buric, Ph.D.